Check out some of the inquiry projects grade 6 students are doing in math class. Students are able to pursue their own interests and use mathematics being learned in the classroom to answer their own questions.
- Is my favorite sports player’s performance worth their salary?
- Am I eating a healthy diet?
- How much money do I cost my parents as a Middle schooler?
- Which university has the best value?
- Do I exercise enough each day to be healthy?
- How can I re-design the grade 6 hallway to increase student wellness and a greater sense of community?
- How much water do I use in a year?
- Create a sports team with the best players for the cheapest cost.
- Who is the most popular ‘star’ in the world right now?
- Is your favorite animal in danger of going extinct?
- How big will Riyadh be in 2030?
- How do you design an environmentally sustainable resort in the Red Sea?
- How fast are coral reefs disappearing?
- How much would it cost to support a family of 5 refugees for a year?
Leave a comment! Tell us what cool math project you are doing. What do you think about these projects as a student, teacher or a parent? Share your thoughts.